If you run into an issue where you are able to hear a crackling, static-like noise through your speakers when playing audio, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:
- 1. Turn the OPPO player off and remove the power cord.
- 2. Remove any other audio cables from the player (HDMI, optical, coaxial, XLR, and RCA).
- 3. Press and hold the OPPO player's power button for about 5 seconds to discharge any remaining power.
- 4. Unplug the amplifier, receiver or processor that your OPPO player connects to and hold down its power button for about 5 seconds if possible; otherwise, leave the amplifier disconnected for at least 10 minutes.
- 5. Reconnect your equipment and see if the issue persists.
Note: this is different from hearing a "popping" sound between individual tracks when playing back audio files or discs, and it is characterised by a constantly audible "crackling" sound throughout the audio.