Latest Official Firmware - Release Date: 7th April 2017
Click to download - USB Update - Firmware UDP20XEU-42-0329
IMPORTANT: The player will not work properly at all unless a FULL FACTORY RESET is done after the update.
User-Guide (v1.1) update procedure via Internet:
For Instructions on how to update your player via internetclick here
User-Guide (v1.1) update procedure via USB stick:
For instructions on how to update your player via USB stick click here
CD Update: We do not recommend using a CD to update your player due to the speed & reliability of CDs, however if you are unable to use the guides above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a firmware CD, please note we only send out official firmware via CD, please allow 28 days for delivery.
Comparing to the previous Official release version UDP20XEU-38-0222, the major changes included in this version are:
1. Added support for the OPPO UDP-20XEU MediaControl app, which turns your mobile device into a remote that provides complete control over your OPPO 4K UHD Blu-ray player. Please select from the following device types to download the application: iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch, Android (Google Play Store), Android (APK), Amazon App Store.
2. Added the Dolby Digital and DTS options under the S/PDIF Output setting in Audio Output Setup, which allows the player to re-encode different audio formats into the Dolby Digital or DTS audio format for the S/PDIF output.
3. Improved the output accuracy when using the RGB PC Level colour space.
4. Resolved a frame dropping issue when using cable or satellite boxes through the HDMI In.
5. Improved A/V sync when using the HDMI In.
6. Resolved an issue where the Full zoom mode would not fill the screen when playing 4:3 content.
7. Improved stability when accessing SMB servers.
8. Resolved an issue where ejecting the disc tray could lock up the player.
General disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming UHD Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples.
All features of the previous firmware are also included in this version.