Latest Official Firmware - Release Date: 7th March 2018
Click to download - USB Update - Firmware UDP20XEU-56-0224
133 MB (139,505,664 bytes)
IMPORTANT: The player will not work properly at all unless a FULL FACTORY RESET is done after the update.
Please make sure you do carry out this procedure after updating firmware on your OPPO player.
(You can backup your settings to a blank USB stick before you do a factory reset to retain your customised settings and then use the restore option after you have performed a factory reset - backup/restore option is on the setup -> device menu on the player)
User-Guide (v1.1) update procedure via Internet:
For Instructions on how to update your player via internetclick here
User-Guide (v1.1) update procedure via USB stick:
For instructions on how to update your player via USB stick click here
CD Update: We do not recommend using a CD to update your player due to the speed & reliability of CDs, however if you are unable to use the guides above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a firmware CD, please note we only send out official firmware via CD, please allow 28 days for delivery.
Category: Latest Official Release
Main Version: UDP20XEU-56-0224
Loader Version: TF0035
MCU Version: MCU203-01-1118
This release is for the OPPO UDP-203 and UDP-205 4K UHD Blu-ray Disc Players
1. Once this firmware version is installed on the player, you will not be able to revert back to any previous official or public beta firmware. There will be no problem upgrading to any future official or beta firmware release.
2. For players with firmware version 42-0329 or earlier, please install the UDP20XEU-45-0605 firmware first. You will then be able to upgrade from version 45-0605 to the latest version, 54-1127.
Comparing to the previous Official release version UDP20XEU-54-1127, the major changes included in this version are:
1. Added four HDR to SDR modes to improve HDR to SDR conversion.
2. Added a "Media Info Lookup" setting under Network Setup. This setting allows the user to toggle media file metadata retrieval on and off.
3. Added support for slow motion playback in A-B repeat mode.
4. Added a detailed info page for the HDMI In source.
5. Improved HDMI In compatibility with HTPCs.
6. Resolved a playback issue with UHD title "Blade Runner 2049".
7. Resolved an colour shift issue in the 21:9 AR mode.
General fixes and disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming UHD Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted samples.